EJoseph W. Thelin
Joe is a partner at von Keller Thelin where his practice focuses on Estate Planning, Estate Administration (Probate), Trust Administration, Estate and Trust Litigation, and Guardianship and Conservatorship. He is committed to helping clients safeguard their legacy. He regularly appears in the Courts of Prince William, Fairfax, and Loudoun Counties. Joe can help with:
- Preparing Estate Plans, including Wills and Trusts
- Creating Powers of Attorney
- Creating Advance Medical Directives
- Establishing Guardianship and Conservatorship
- Assisting Executors, Administrators, and other Personal Representatives with the administration of estates
- Will contests or other estate and fiduciary litigation.
Joe has been an active practicing member of the Virginia State Bar in Northern Virginia since his graduation from Washington and Lee University School of Law in 2002. He previously served the Prince William County Bar Association as Treasurer and is currently serving as the Chairman of the Judicial Evaluation Committee and as Chairman of the Budget and Audit Committee. Joe also serves the Court as a court-appointed Guardian ad Litem in adult guardianship cases and has previously served as court appointed counsel for indigent defendants.
Joe is an Eagle Scout (for real). He is a graduate of the University of Tennessee and a dedicated Vols fan. He lives in Fairfax County with his wife, two young daughters and the family dogs, Cisco and Grimm.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, Lexington, Virginia
- University of Tennessee
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1999
- Yeager & Thelin, Partner, 2005
- Zweig & Thelin, PLLC, Partner, 2013
- Estate Planning
- Wills and Trusts
- Powers of Attorney
- Advance Medical Directives
- Guardianship and Conservatorship
- Estate Administration
- Will Contests
- Estate and Fiduciary Litigation